Oracle Unix System Administration – I
OSA4 4-day course,
Price: $2,875 List, Including lodging $3,250
This course is designed to introduce experienced Unix System Administrators to an overview of the Oracle Relational Database Management System as it relates to the Unix Operating System environment. The course will help bridge the gap between worlds of the Oracle Database Administrator and the Unix Administrator. It includes topics such as system preparation and Unix kernel tuning for Oracle installation, configuration of the Oracle initialization file, backup strategies, Oracle structures, and performance issues. In addition, enhancement comparisons are made between 9i and 10g.
The course is ideal for Unix System Administrators with no experience or limited experience with Oracle. It is designed for System Administrators seeking a broad overview of oracle as it relates to the Unix environment. Although various flavors of Unix (HP-UX, AIX, Solaris) are mentioned within the curriculum, the course is taught on the HP-UX platform.
- Research and implement system preparation tasks for a typical Oracle Installation .
- Modify the Oracle initialization file
- Add user, change privileges, roles, and profiles
- Query Oracle views to observe the database structural layout
- "hot" and "cold" backups
- Perform various types of database recovery
- Configure Oracle Networking files
- Perform basic SQL and SQL* Plus queries on a Production database.
- Upgrade to a new release of Oracle (optional)
Key Oracle Processes
The Initialization File
Oracle Database Backup & Recovery
Oracle Installation [ 9i & 10g ]
Startup and Shutdown
SQL and SQL*Plus
Users and Security
Oracle Networking Products
Migrating an Oracle Database (Optional)
What past students have to say about our Oracle System Administration on Unix class:
- “The Course was what I expected, I knew bits and piecs, but now have a better understanding of what is happening.”
- “The Course and Instructor exceeded my expectations.”
- “Very pleased with the instructor’s extra effort.”
- “Good overview of Oracle.”
- “I was leaving with the knowledge I was expecting to.”
- The instructor and the profeesional staff. The manual is exactly what I am looking for, understanding Oracle and especially the backup and recovery.”
features of every Netsysco course:
- No sharing! Class Delivery on 11i HP-UX server for each student.
- Curriculum developed by Netsysco based on real world practical applications.
- Well-documented color reference manual.
- Instructors who are experienced system administrators.
- Lots of opportunity for practicing what is taught, not just being guided through exercises.
- Small class size with personal attention from the instructor.
- Daily computerized self-assessments to monitor progress.
♦ For course content, schedules, and pricing, click on course title.
- COURSE OFFERED
- Oracle System Administration
- HP-UX Unix Courses
- IBM AIX Unix & AS400 Courses
- SUN Solaris Unix Courses
- Enterprise Red Hat Linux courses
- Novell Certified SuSE Linux Courses
- Cisco Networking Courses
- Security Courses
- CompTia Courses
- IT Service Management Courses
- Java & HTML Application Development